Friday 25 October 2013

Lil Miss Healthy: The benefits of Fenugreek +

In the past week, I have been consuming fenugreek on a daily basis. 


Source 

Fenugreek is a plant and the seeds are used to make medicine.  My parents have been consuming fenugreek for the past few years and my mother recently told me the health benefits of it:

  1. It can control diabetes. I am not diabetic but I do worry that I will get diabetes! My mother has type 2 diabetes, but since she has been taking fenugreek everyday, her diabetes is now under control. Even the GP was shocked to see the difference! 
  2. It aids digestion - if you're digestive system is working well, your skin will look better
  3. It suppresses your appetite - the soluble fibre swells in your stomach which will make you feel fuller for longer. I have noticed that I am snacking less in the morning after taking fenugreek
  4. It can help to stave off viruses 
  5. Fenugreek seeds are a rich source of antioxidants
How do I consume it?

My mother simply soaks the fenugreek seeds overnight in hot water. In the morning, I rinse out the seeds, add warm water and swallow the seeds. I didn't enjoy doing it at first, but when I noticed how much better I felt after taking it, I added it to my daily routine! 

Have you tried fenugreek before?




2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing... I read it sum where that ppl sold ther gold to buy fenugreek in d olden days n it cures all the stomach problems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's amazing - I'm so glad I take it - I can really feel a difference in my well being!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, they make my day :)